Relationships... Could you be "kept"?

Hey all... I haven't had much to say by way of relationships in a while, mainly because everyone and everything is so different these days. Things evolve and views change. It becomes a "to each his own" situation. We spoke some about this on The Wine Down and my basic opinion is whatever it is you choose to be, make sure that your doing it because it makes you happy... not because you want to please whomever you're with. It needs to be a win win or else you're losing... #thatisall 
     With that being said, I'd like to touch on a specific kind of relationship. How do you all feel about being "kept"? When I say this I mean, being in a relationship that's basically a business arrangement. You trade sex and company for financial gain. The older I get the more I start to be aware of what goes on around me and the reality is, there a lot of kept people in this world... and it's not just women being kept either if that's what your thinking! I always say that I base everything I'm doin and sayin off real life, cause I do... It's either my life or someone I know. I have been blessed with a great set of friends that come from all walks and have been involved in many things and are very honest about their experiences! And this is both male and female, there are suga mommas out there too. So I guess I'm back to my original question.. How would you feel about it? Would it be worth it to you? Do you think you could do it without your emotions becoming involved? It's easy to say "Hell Yeah" but once placed into the situation of basically being a persons play thing, could you handle it?? As humans there are basic affections that are required.. scratch that, a necessity. Could you go without them for money?? The consensus was a mixed bag. What I got from it was that at certain stages in your life somethings are just ok for the time being. Eventually you grow and move on.... So, could you be kept??

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tall Girls Rock

In response...