I had to learn how to be grateful!!!

Yes, I said I had to learn to be grateful! I grew up a brat! My grandmother used to call me "Poor Little Rich Girl"... I acted like I was entitled to all the everythings that I had! Lookin back on my childhood I wish I had been more grateful or that at the very least I learned to be grateful a hell of a lot sooner than I had. Being grateful is more than saying thank you, it's an action you have to actually mean! Meaning that once you've accepted any gift (not necessarily material) you are appreciative and not on your way to talk trash about it. You've actually absorbed it and ready to process what's been given, in a positive manner. Boy have I grown. This hit me like a ton of bricks!! Me being ungrateful goes back so far it's almost like insanity to me! When I was married I was never grateful, I was a brat the entire time. If it wasn't my way then it was def a problem. Even when he was trying by giving me things, I was ungrateful... I acted as if he owed me those things or like he better had, or that's what he was supposed to do. I could probably count on 1 hand how many times I actually deserved his generosity in the 10 years we were together. That's terrible! But with growth and getting to know oneself all these things should materialize and the only time you should be ashamed is if ya old ass is still walkin around ungrateful then a *bleep*! I attribute a lot of the obstacles in my life to not having been grateful. In order to be grateful you also have to be appreciative and humble and up until maybe about a year ago I was none of that!!! I took most everybody/everything for granted. My level of self entitlement was off the chain! I was in an unbreakable bubble, or so I thought! God put some wheels in motion and placed people in my life that literally broke me down to my break pads. I hate to say it, but He had to remind me who He is. I was selfish. I couldn't believe it. The saddest part was that I had no idea that I was so ungrateful. And what's even sadder is that during my journey of being stripped and rebuilt I realized that there had been so many subtle and sometimes not so subtle warnings. I say to myself, how stupid could one person be. It's so easy, cause doing the wrong thing is so damn easy! I'm laughing right now because I sat down to write this last night after a cocktail and what I wrote was less than motivating. LOL.. It was actually downright IGNANT! When I sat down this afternoon to complete my masterpiece it was gone! I guess the most high had other plans for this message because when I opened it there was nothing here but the title and a blank page. I guess the message is simply that it's never too late to start again. Choose what's right, no matter how hard it may be because the reward will be so great! Learning to be grateful is a gift that I couldn't have been happier to accept!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships... Could you be "kept"?

Tall Girl Problem #4080

In response...