Black History a joke or nah???

This year I feel like Black History has been a joke. All those "first n*gga to" pix have really got me feeling some type of damn way! Then Nicki Minaj's dumbass releases her album cover and she uses an historical picture of Malcolm X with the title "Lookin A** *igga"... REALLY!!! I'm so flippin disgusted! And I've already touched on Zimmerman's simple antics... Then the verdict in the trial of Michael Dunn oh and then I read yesterday that yet another brown face baby has been shot by a white man while playing outside!!! And all of this going on during a time when we are supposed to be being celebrated as a people! We only get 28 days to celebrate the pioneers that paved the way for not just us, but everybody, to have the smallest of luxuries! Someone actually said to me "I think we should do away with Black History Month, look at what a joke it's become!" I was also told that I should lighten up because it's not that serious! Guess what folks... IT IS THAT SERIOUS! You can't make a mockery of yourself and then demand respect when it suits you! I was raised to be proud of who I am and where I came from. History and heritage are very important and we should be teaching the upcoming youth how to be proud, not to lighten up and make fun! It's all fun and games 'til it happens to you. What if you woke up one morning to find that someone had put one of those ignant ass posts up with a picture of your great-grandmother or someone important to you, would it still be funny??? Or how funny is it that the man who owns the company and all publishing and copyrights to said photos is a white man? We gotsta do better! February is supposed to be a month of pride, how dare you make it into a joke!!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships... Could you be "kept"?

Tall Girl Problem #4080

In response...